Some may think that literature is stuffy and outdated, but that is not the case. Here are eight quotes that fall in the pages of history and literature that will make you go “Hmmmmmmm, I never thought of that.” Time to warm up the Bulletproof Coffee and read some words of wisdom.
1. “Even the Darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” Victor Hugo, Les Miserables
2. “You don’t really know someone…Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.” Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
3. “You will be way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.” David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
4. “I can’t go back to yesterday because I was different then!” Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
5. “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
6. “Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.”
Frank Herbert, Charlotte Bronte’, Dune
7. “I would always rather be Happy than Dignified.” Jane Eyer
8. “People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.”
Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
American Literature is the story of the American experience as seen through many different eyes, and you’ll find wisdom that even pertains to your life.